VMware Player is an app which is used to run virtual machines and appliances on the host system. It helps in installing and running a number of OS at the same time on their host computers, where a user-friendly interface allows you to use any OS with great ease. In other words, we can say, it’s like running a system on another system.
This desktop virtualization software app enables you to operate a virtual machine which is generated by either VMware Workstation, or VMware Fusion, or VMware Server or VMware ESX.
Key features of VMware Player include:
- With the help of this app, you can run multiple operating systems at the same time on a single computer.
- It also allows you to run a virtual machine or copy of an older system, where you can retrieve and analyze the older data for an existing situation.
- It provides you a facility to experience the benefits of already configured products without any kind of installation or configuration issues.
- You can easily share data, like copy and paste, between your host computer and a virtual machine.
- It enables you to use third-party virtual machines and their images.
- It also supports Broad host, Guest operating system, and even USB 2.0 devices.
- No need to worry if you are using third-party software apps, as this app is highly capable to provide a high level of security and safety to all of them.
- This app also has the ability to install a different OS without any requirement of rebooting the physical host computer.
- The memory of a virtual machine can be adjusted for optimal performance.
- You can power down or suspend a virtual machine when you are about to close VMware Player.
- It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit virtual machines.
- Though integrated with Google Search, it provides you a facility to use the functions of Google search conveniently without launching a browser.
This app also supports virtual machines of Microsoft Virtual Server and Microsoft Virtual PC.
It is easily available in the market and can be used without any restriction. Simply, buy its CD or download this app from the appropriate resources and use it anywhere.
The free version is commonly used for non-commercial, personal and home use.
However, it is available free, but if you want more advanced virtualization solution, you require going with the Pro version of this app.