MarsEdit is a desktop blog editor that allows you to write, preview, publish and archive your blog if you have a Mac. It is an alternative to avoid those slow and clumsy Browser-based interfaces to gain exclusive blogging experience.
It is a quick and convenient blog editor with multiple exclusive features for Mac users looking for the best web-based posting solution.
How does it work?
When you want to create web content, browser-based interfaces require you to be online, either you want to read or write the content. This desktop blog editor gives you the facility to create and edit the content even if you do not have an internet connection.
In other words, we can say that it is the best way to gain the experience of offline writing using the local copies of your content without involving any browser.
Features of MarsEdit
- It allows you to work on your preferred format, as you can easily move from plain to rich text as per your choice. You can even preview your content and can convert it to HTML as well.
- The editor has easy file uploading, where you can add the required images and files directly to the blog post. The images and files will be uploaded when you publish your post.
- Using this editor means media is at your fingertips. It allows you to insert images in the blog post from your Apple photos or Aperture, simply by making a single click on the button.
- It gives you the freedom to write content when you are on offline mode. Just create whatever you want and publish it when your internet connection is back.
- Live preview feature helps you to detect how your created blog post will look before publishing it on the web. No matter if you have used markdown or other text filters in your blog post, the editor will preview everything.
- You can even store the backup of your posts safely on your Mac as this editor helps you to download the full history of your already published blog posts and pages.
The up-to-date versions of Mac blog publishing app is highly compatible with WordPress, Tumblr, Blogger, Drupal, TypePad and various other blog services that support MetaWeblog or AtomPub interface.
The latest version, MarsEdit 4, has come up with a refreshed look and highly improved support to WordPress. It includes images, post format and writer swapping on a published blog post.
You can use MarsEdit to make your blog life easier, exciting and simpler.