This wiki is for the Great Internet Mersenne Prime Search (GIMPS), a distributed computing project dedicated to finding Mersenne primes. However, information about related projects may also be contributed, expanding any of the 346 existing articles or creating new ones. The largest known prime to date (world record) is M74,207,281, the 49th known Mersenne prime discovered by Curtis Cooper(curtisc). Mersenne News
Some pages on this wiki have been categorized.
- GIMPS clients - includes the official GIMPS clients Prime95 and MPrime
- GPU clients
- Various other software.
|GIMPS Related Projects|
|Lone Mersenne Hunters||100 Million Digit Prefactor Project||Operation Billion Digits|
|Other Prime Searching Projects|
|12121 Search||27121 Search||PSearch|
|Riesel Sieve||Sierpinski/Riesel Base 5||Twin Prime Search|
|Riesel Prime Search||Prime Sierpinski Project||No Prime Left Behind|
|Other Factoring Projects|
|Mersenneplustwo Factorizations||NFSNET||Home Primes Search|
|Aliquot Sequences Search (see forum)||ElevenSmooth||Cunningham Tables|
|MasterPrime 2006||15k Search|
Feel free to post your name here and eventually what you've done.
- OmbooHankvald - Making guides, writing wiki, simplifying advanced stuff.
- Numbers - Real easy stuff
- Prime Monster - Easy stuff
- T.Rex - Pépin's test - Generalised Fermat Numbers - LLT Digraph
- S80780 - GIMPS client files + a little proofreading
- Phil Moore - proof of Lucas-Lehmer test
- Fetofs - Proofreading, linking and easy stuff
- Richard B. Woods ("cheesehead") - Explana-, clarifica-, correc-, and sugges-tions.
- Jin Du
- Ixfd64 - general copyediting
- Sutton Shin - random maintance work.
To all users!
Please remember to create an account and log in to edit pages. You can play around in the Sandbox. Remember that your changes will not be saved until you request and receive an account .
Unfortunately, account creation by new users is now disabled due to excessive vandalism. However, anyone desiring editing status canon the GIMPS forum.